The Nike Metcon 5 continues to expand the boundaries of the modern cross-training shoe with increased stability for weightlifters and greater flexibility in the forefoot for runners.
This design rolls out a durable, haptic 3D print upper that offers superior resilience in high-wear areas. An updated tongue adds more padding and wraps around the ankles for a lockdown fit, while lightweight sandwich mesh ensures airflow and breathability.
The Metcon 5’s new dual density midsole provides 10% firmer foam in the heel vs. the forefoot, striking the balance between underload stability and explosiveness in running, jumping, etc. A rubberized rope wrap further aids in adding grip on rope climbs and a smooth glide on the descent, while a plastic TPU heel clip cuts down on friction and helps athletes pick up speed on their inverted push-ups.
Finally, in the shoe’s outsole, Nike has engineered the Metcon 5 with unique directional traction and a slightly wider, angled heel to prevent slippage and ensure a consistent, stable platform even under high-intensity training. A removable polyurethane Hyperlift insert is also included, giving weightlifters the option of increasing the offset from the standard 4mm to 12mm—increasing their ankle flexion to more easily get under heavy weights.
The Nike Metcon 5 truly bridges the gap between weightlifting stability and all-purpose cross-training comfort and flexibility, with a new assortment of sleek, colorful designs to choose from. Choose your preferred size from the dropdown order menu.
- Women’s Cross-Training Shoe
- Dual Density, Drop-in Midsole - Extra firm in heel for stability on heavy lifts
- Textured rubber wraps up the midfoot for durability during rope exercises
- Haptic 3D Print Upper + Extra Padded Tongue and Breathable Sandwich Mesh
- Removable Hyperlift Insert raises offset from 4mm to 12mm
- Directional Traction for max grip
- TPU Heel Clip for side-to-side stability